Monday, April 28, 2014

Slow Down In T.I. Park

Summer residents of T.I. Park have been complaining that vehicles drive to fast within the Park.  One of those residents, Emilie Cardineaux who is also a singer, songwriter wrote a song about how everyone needs to Slow Down! The lyrics to this catchy song, Slow Down go like this:

....Slow down, slow down, slow down
It's a fifteen mile an hour town....

I recorded Emilie's song at the Top Of The Bay summer 2013.



In the 2014 Spring publication of the Gazette, T.I. Park president Bill Burns made the following comments:
I ask you to review the section on Speeding and Signs located on Page 16. A perennial, yet growing concern of Park residents is vehicle speed. Consequently, the Board has decided to reduce the speed limit throughout the Park to 10 miles per hour. Adherence to the lower speed will better protect our kids, keep dust levels down, and reduce costly road damage during rainy periods. The Corporation will fine and enforce better than we have, and we ask you, the resident, to help keep our Park safe by reporting speeders to the Security or Corporation Offices

T.I. Park is located on Wellesley Island, one of the largest on the St. Lawrence River.  T.I. Park is also a Historic District and noted for it's whimsical  turn of the century summer cottages.






http://www.tiparkcorp.com/pdf/tip.gazette.issue2.pdf

No comments: