I wonder which one of these the mayor was referring to? The following is in no particular order.
- Clean up Goose Poop Park.
- Clean up the debris at the Village Beach.
- Add more trash receptacles in the downtown area.
- Increase the emptying of those trash recepticles on the busier days.
- Place doggy doo dispensers for the tourists. Yes I use those too!
- Repair the crosswalk at the intersection of Church and Northern. This was being done at other intersections in the village.
- Repair the wire that was hanging at knee level in front of the old COC.
- Examine the storm drains in front of my house on Church St. This storm water has over flowed onto church st and wreaked havoc with my basement and 2 adjacent neighbors basements. OK OK this was a personal request.
- Remove the 4 ft snow pile at the crosswalk of Church St and RT12.
- Voiced concern over the parking spaces at the intersections of Rock/Walton and Church Sts.
- Asked the VB twice for clarification on the Village PD renovation project. etc etc.
I have always thanked the VB for their co-operation and acting on these public concerns. I figured that was my only obligation to them. Instead they were expecting me to close my blog and stop posting topics about things that I thought were wrong or needed attention.
I guess I never realized that there was a price tag affixed to any request made of the VB. It seems that the price I was expected to pay was to sacrafice the first amendment: a right to freedom of speech and freedom of press.