Wednesday, January 7, 2009

NYS DOT TanDUMB Snow-Plowing

What were these guys thinking when they came up with this idea!  Putting 2 snow plows side by side on I-81 traveling at 35 mph.  Have any of you seen this yet?  Don't get me wrong,  I have no problem traveling at 35 mph or slower if that is the reasonable and prudent speed to be traveling during bad weather.  I also believe in giving the other vehicles in front of me a whopping 10 mississippi distance instead of the 3 or 5 recommended by the insurance companies.  Today I got caught in the middle of  this and it created a moving traffic congestion of road rage tailgating  motorists.  This has all the ingredients of multiple fatalities and I hope to be heading in the other direction when it occurs.

1 comment:

dtruesdell said...

Actually its called Echelon plowing and it is quite effective. People just need to learn to how to drive and not to tailgate plowing vehicles.