Sunday, December 19, 2010

Night court in Alex-Bay

Night court Bailiff Bull Shannon
The VB meeting on 12.14.10 was adjourned and as I have always done, I shut off my voice recorder.  There is usually a lot of meaningless chatter after the meeting.  But, on that night I wished I left it on.  Our acting village Justice Butcher made a comment about how pleased she was with the new law enforcement presence in her court.  She went on to add that the officer keeps everyone on their best behavior while in her court, or something like that.  So who is the officer and who is paying his wage while on duty in the court while acting as a bailiff?  If we could consolidate our justice system with the Town, then we would not be footing the bill with the added expense of a village justice and a "bailiff"!