Wednesday, October 21, 2009

His IS bigger than mine!

The Town of Alexandria Councilman  [Republican incumbents] ads in this weeks TI Sun are HUGE!  Big splashy and colorful ads can be found throughout the Sun.  Those are costly to run.  What is the purpose?  It is to sell you a name, face, and promises.  I took a couple of Business Law courses while in college.  One of the facts I remember is the Sales Puff, which is a sales pitch or talk which is not actionable [This is the biggest deal of the year].  The law goes on to say that ever salesman is allowed one.  I am guessing that if I had taken the more advanced Business Law, I would have learned that this law does not apply to politicians......they can pump up their political campaign ads with as many non actionable statements as they want.  Payment for these ads come from contributions, Republican Campaign, and personal monies.  To me, all this demonstrates  is wasteful spending of money, whether it is their own or someone else's.  

I wonder how they have been spending your tax dollars?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was once told by the Snow's that any political stories, say for instance folks are running for an office, they would be allowed to place an article in the TI Sun, citing their experience in the office they've held, so they charge now???