Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Jim Cummings Candidate for Town Council


This is a letter to the editor from this weeks  T.I. SUN

My name is Jim Cummings, and I am a candidate for the Town of Alexandria Council.  I have been a resident of the town, and village of Alexandria Bay for eighteen years. I am a teacher for the NYS Department of Corrections, where I have been employed for over 20 years.   I hold two degrees, an AAS from Canton ATC and a Bachelors from SUNY Oswego.  
For the past 2 years, I have been very active politically, attending Village and Town board meetings. I have developed an insight into the operations of both levels of our local governments. It is an insight that can only be honed by attendance and participation in the functioning of government at this level.  I have also participated in political processes and campaigns on the local and state levels. This experience has allowed me to develop relationships with our county and state lawmakers.
These are times when smart government is essential to the fiscal and social survival of our community. I pledge to listen to you, and act in your best interests as your councilman.   
Please remember me on election day November 3rd and vote Jim Cummings [Democrat],  Town of Alexandria, Councilman. 

No comments: