Sunday, May 27, 2012

Uncle Sam Boat Tours N.J.F.T.

Alexandria Bay:

I decided to do a series on the events and attractions in the 1000 Islands Region that are Not Just For Tourists.  Most consider Ogdensburg, Alexandria Bay, Clayton, and Cape Vincent to be tourist destinations. Once you have been there and done that then you are done there..... never to return again.  That is not entirely true. Last fall we drove to Cape Vincent,  had breakfast at Aubrey's Inn. Visited Tibbets Point and then ventured across to Wolfe Island via the ferry.  That was a fun trip, taking it many times with my parents.  Even though I am from here, I still love it here.  I am always in awe of the beauty that surrounds us.

I have been taking boat tours since the mid-60's and I never tire of them.  Recently my wife and I went on Uncle Sam Boat Tours 1 Hour Millionaire Row Tour.  It was what we were looking for, a short cruise on the St. Lawrence River where we could have a couple of beers and a glass of wine [all reasonably priced] without worrying about the local law enforcement. I have also taken the short trip [10 min.] on the ferry to Bold Castle. Always something new at the Castle, this year it's the new movie room with a High-Def screen. When the heat gets to be unbearable, you can not beat the cool breeze on the St. Lawrence River.