Monday, February 2, 2009

Chamber Meeting Feb 2 2009

All I can say is ........unbelievable.  The meeting started at 7pm and within minutes went into executive session.  At that point we [everyone not on the executive board] were dismissed.  2 hours later we were allowed back in to the meeting.  From what I was told this was an exceptionally long executive session.....No Shit!  Although I am glad that they [executive board] took their time in discussing this situation.   Oh your not sure what situation I am talking about?   Too bad, you will have to wait.....I will not release any info until the video and the audio is uploaded..........but a warning to all of you.......the video file is HUGE over 700mb.  I feel that this is worth the wait because as I stated at this meeting, it is important for all of you to see the facial expressions, body postures, more facial expressions, what some said and what some did NOT say.  Basically I do not care if any of you watch the video, lets just say that the video exists for anyone to watch as a matter of record.   I am dismayed, disgusted and horrified that any of this would get to this level of discussion or even a vote.  Those of you that let it get to this level should be ashamed of yourselves...........
More to follow.............
Later Added:
Mayor Robb verbally expressed his support of the Moshers
Town Supervisor Millett wrote an expression of support of the Moshers

4 comments:

curmudgeon said...

Mr & Mrs Mosher are The Pirate Days, period. The jealous little brats that rule the C of C, couldn't, in their wildest dreams, do the job Alex & BJ do to ensure the success of that event.
I can't tell you how happy I am that a few level heads prevailed....this time, but the evildoers will try again, of that I am certain.

Anonymous said...

There has always been trouble in the chamber and the people who want to run the shows. No one gets along I know I was in there at one time. One person can't just take over all the events.It takes committies in each event to be sucessful. Not credit going to just one person all the time. They could not do it by themselves... It is time to have a change in the Pirate days anyways. Bring back the waiter and waitress races. How fun was that? One weekend of the invadsion to start the event and the folowing Saturday a big parade, with more bands and floats. Sunday the waiter waitress races. Block dances on both Friday nights 8-12

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should listen to your audio tape again.I never heard Mayor Rob expreesing his support towards the Moshers.He was neutral.Abay circus to many drinks at the bar impaired your hearing.

jim cummings said...

maybe I was just trying to be kind to our mayor