Monday, April 16, 2012

Musical Chairs at Carl's Furniture

Not the game of musical chairs. For the past several months, musical entertainment has been provided on Sunday's from 11am till 2pm at  Carl's Furniture Store located in the Northland Plaza. To me it seemed to be an odd venue for musicians, but after I arrived it was actually very comfortable.  Think about it.... you can sit in any recliner or couch while listening to live music.  I tried several out and found one that kind of cradled me till I dozed. I suspect that is the marketing idea behind these musical events. Yesterday, the musical line-up was Paul Ferguson, D.J. Rogers and Phil "Crush" DuMond. Next weeks musicians will be Chad Darou and Brian Puriwn. Dan Hammond and Jess Pierce performing as Tongue and Groove on April 29th. I almost forgot to mention, they also served Subway sandwiches, cookies and coffee.