Sunday, January 13, 2013

Vying For The Vacated Seat

Town Of Alexandria:

A seat on the town board is now available after the recent resignation of Councilman James Durand.  Some "would be" candidates have come out of the woodwork and are schmoozing local politicians in an attempt to be the chosen one.

I find all this extremely entertaining, given the personalities involved.  I liken it to a group of guys trying to hit on the pretty girl in the bar.  Honey can I buy you a drink, would you like to dance, what is a nice girl like you doing in a place like this, what do you say, lets blow this Popsicle stand and go back to my place.  All these attempts most probably resulting in rejection.

What will be the outcome?  Hard to predict the results, nor do I really care, like I said, I am more interested in the process to see who aligns with who.  Who gets to dance with the pretty girl and take her home, and which one gets slapped in the face.... OR, maybe she goes home alone.... EPIC FAILURE!