Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tonights VB Meeting

My Gawd the meetings are getting shorter and the abrasivness has almost vanished.  No percheye or lindylou tonight, they had the good sense to stay at home.  But not Curmudgeon and I, ohhhh no, we were there with bottled water, pens, note paper, and I had my trusty recording gadget [courtesy of Dotster].  I am not saying that we need a steady dose of controversery, but it would certainly spice things up a bit.  Tonight there was only one public concern [see topic below].  Mayor Robb has even taken to polling the small crowd of citizens to make sure nobody has something they want to say.  He always looks shocked/dissappointed when Cur and I and others say nope no concerns.  I am sitting at my computer wondering what has changed the barometric pressure of these meetings, all high and no low pressures.  Just sunny days  with no bad storms looming on the horizon. 

pg
VB Minutes 8.12.08

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With change, lots of time there is controversy. People have personal axes to grind with different people and some people just are plain stubborn. Everyone has to "mark" their territory so to speak and the boundaries are put in place. I think things have calmed down because the Mayor is doing a good job. When things are running smooth, people lose interest. I think that until there is a problem, you will continue to see quiet VB meetings...which is not a bad thing.

Crabby.

interested resident said...

well, I heartily disagree. the sad fact is it's easy to avoid controversy if you arn't doing anything. lets see, no projects to improve the village. No water ar waste water projects, No streets, curbs etc. Employee personel issues, oh I forgot they fired them (at what cost to the taxpayer). Just what did these people promise when they ran for office? Think of that this November when you vote, you get what you deserve.
Sorry to be so blunt, but......
I've been there
Your x Mayor, Patrick Simpson