Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lunch @ Pirate's Pub & Grub

From misc 2009

In the past I have had bad luck eating a Reuben Sandwich.  Some restaurants use a rye bread that falls apart from the juices.  The bread disintegrates and the meat, kraut, cheese, and dressing falls to the plate, making a huge mess.  My usual preference is "open faced" using a fork and knife making it an easy and neat way to eat it.  The Pirate's Pub and Grub uses a very hearty rye bread making it the perfect sandwich to pick up and eat, the bread never got soggy even tho the inside was juicy, tasty and tender.  Nothing fell out of the sandwich so I did not need to swoop it up with my fingers or fork.

My son devoured the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich loaded with onions, mushrooms, peppers, and tender meat.  The only thing he left in the sandwich basket was the pickles which seem to be the last thing kids acquire a taste for...........................go figure.

My wife had the Coconut Shrimp app. served with a spicy marmalade sauce.  Nothing left but the tails.....

I was told that the waitress/bartender was new to the pub, but she was pleasant, efficient, and attentive..........now that is refreshing!

Chef Captain F.B. came out to see how our meals were.  I told him everything was very good and also assured him that he had a good eye for detail........


Bon Appetite! 

Menu, Click to enlarge.
From misc 2009

2 comments:

C.F.B. said...

IS THAT AN EYE JOKE!!!? THANKS FOR THE GREAT COMPLAMENTS. C.F.B.

jim cummings said...

I take my blog very seriously! I never JOKE or POKE fun about anything I write about.......