Thursday, August 2, 2012

Island Owners Ask For Equity In Taxes

Town of Alexandria and Village of Alexandria Bay:

As I blogged earlier, Islanders within the boundaries of the Village Of Alexandria Bay asked to be relieved from the Gerrymandering that was established 130+ years ago.  Gerrymandering is is a practice that attempts to establish a political advantage for a particular party or group by manipulating geographic boundaries to create partisan or incumbent-protected districts.

I did not come up with the term gerrymandering, the group of 12 or so concerned island owners did.  I also do not profess to know or understand completely this term or the total concept of the P.I.L.O.T. [Payment In Lieu Of Taxes} that this group is requesting. I submit to you the Formula For Tax Equity that was submitted to the Village Board at the 7.24.12 meeting and the audio that supports the formula.

Formula For Tax Equity