Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Retort

A response to this comment made by a former friend [Pat Simpson] on abay.com : "Congratulations Cindy and Gary, glad to see no "reluctant candidate" on our Village Board"

May I make myself clear. I stated that I was a reluctant candidate only because I have been and still am extremely happy with the village board we have now. I was nominated at the caucus because some members believed that if there were two sea
ts open then the Dems should be running the same as would the republicans. As it turned out the Republicans had only one contender, incumbent Cindy Burkhalter Penn. Had I known that at the time I would have declined the nomination. That is why I chose to do nothing as far as a campaign goes. As I have in the past, I do now support Cindy and Gary. I also have the utmost respect for Mayor Jury and the rest of the village board. As far as the Previous boards including that part time mayor, I have no respect.