Monday, August 17, 2015

Pat Fitzsimmons: A Video Memoriam


In this post, are a series of videos that I took over the past 5 years of Pat Fitzsimmons. Pat loved to perform with fellow musicians and family members who shared the same love for music.

The video's vary in recorded quality but are none the less moments
captured of Pat doing what he loved the most.

















Bloggers NoteAs a young boy, I marveled at Pats defiance of gravity as he flung himself skyward off of ski jumps at Dry Hill. Years would pass and I was a ski instructor at Dry Hill. I found myself in awe as I watched a man gracefully ski down the slopes wearing a trench coat, not your usual attire for sure. Of course it was Pat, donning the boards after a hiatus from skiing. It was years later that I started following The Fitzsimmon's family as they performed around Alex Bay. In conversation, Pat and I chuckled at how we orbited each others lives but never really met until then. He was a gentle man who loved his family and friends. Even though we did not spend a lot of time together as friends, Pat always made me feel as though we had been friends for life......

No comments: