Sunday, October 11, 2009

Concerned

I am not worried, or upset or mad......just concerned. This morning I had a conversation with a man that has known me and my family..... almost forever.  For several months he has asked me "Jimmy.....now tell me again, how do I get to your blog" ......"I wanna see what is going on in our community".  Several weeks ago I explained to him {again} how to find my blog.  Back to this mornings conversation.....I asked him if he had a chance to read my blog {I value his opinion}. The reply he gave me absolutely floored me!  "Jimmy, I don't have time to look at your blog it is full of gossip and a total waste of my time, your time, and everyone else".  He was clearly upset.

This is what concerns me.  This man did not take the time to look at my blog, but must have relied on someone elses opinion and made it his own.  I know this man to be a research fanatic.  He has written books and articles with impeccable details.  I also know this man to be a rock hard Republican. As you know,  I have taken a few political jabs the past few days at a Re-Publican challenger.  These jabs have the same impact as a feather pillow.  It is called satire......  I do not care if you like what I have to say in this blog or not.  At the very least,  investigate it yourself then draw your own conclusion.

I also hope that everyone does their OWN research so that you can make an educated choice on election day.  No matter what your vote might be!

2 comments:

Mr. Condescending said...

Yeah or they read one post and form a complete opinion based on that.

Anonymous said...

Jim, maybe your light hearted look at things is being confused as gossip. Your friend may have felt threatened to voice his opinion and be branded to one side of an issue. You have an uncommon ability to present the facts as is and let the chips fall as they may. Most people are looking over their shoulder and worrying what other people might think about them should they ruffle some feathers. Unfortunately this approach gets nothing done and stalls progress. Just like the Village's trash problem downtown. Both Saturday and Sunday on our last holiday weekend the containers are overflowing again.