Thursday, January 10, 2013

Town Councilman James Durand Resigns

Town Of Alexandria:

As the rumor mill churned today,  the chatter around town was that James Durand resigned effective immediately.  Rumors are usually based in some truth.  So I decided to call Jim and see if he would take some time and talk to the "mad" blogger.

After leaving a message, Jim called me right back and we talked for about a half and hour.  Actually, he talked and I listened, it was a good conversation and he gave me the explanation for his sudden resignation.  I am not going to get into details, but I am sure some of you will be able to figure out one or more of his reasons.

Jim was the anchor man of the town board for 11 years.  He was always quick to accurately interpret complex town issues that arose.  Always maintaining a cool and level head, he talked to you instead of at you.  A quality that not everyone possesses. Which was one of the reasons I wanted him to be at all the meetings.  I wish Jim and his family the best as they enjoy some well deserved time down south.