Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Village Board Meeting Last Night?

I normally do not check the Village Website on a regular basis.  Why bother?  It never has current information presented in a timely manner, ie. minutes and ANNOUNCEMENTS.  I went the Village site this morning to see if the March 24th minutes were up yet.  Of course they were NOT!  But I did find something very interesting on the site about the Riverwalk Project...........this announcement:

Village Board Meeting Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at 5:00 PM at 110 Walton St., to discuss stimulus money. 

After seeing this, I went to the Village Office and spoke to K. Butcher the assistant village clerk. I asked her if this meeting was advertised in the TI Sun, she answered no.  How about channel 2 on the cable, she replied no.  She then told me that she put the announcement on the Village website on tuesday morning.  She also told me that J. Lee from the WDT and C. Snow from the TI Sun were notified of the meeting.  I called J. Lee at the Times to ask him who was at the meeting. He replied: just myself, Craig Snow, all 5 board members and S. Cullen village clerk.  Lee went on to say that he was surprised that nobody else was at the meeting.  He added that he was surprised because he thought village residents were very concerned about this issue of Federal vs State Stimulus money to fund the Riverwalk project.


My thought about this is NO FUCKIN SHIT!  I can not even describe to all of you how irate I am at this moment.  Some of you are thinking .......well JC if you were not such an idiot blogger then someone from that board would have called you to let you know about the meeting. I did talk to one of our trustees this morning and was told that some of the board members just do not like you JC..........hmmmmm.........  Forget about me for a minute and think of all the other well mannered residents that go to the board meetings or the others of you who might have an interest in this project.  They were not called either nor did they know anything about this meeting.  If the VB thinks that I am a raging asshole then wait till they get a load of me from now on.........I am now a HUGE FUCKING RAGING ASSHOLE TO THE TENTH DEGREE WITH AN ATTITUDE.  This is not the end of a rant but the beginning of a mission............

 
No Public Notice Here! 
Photo taken on 4/1/09 @ 11:30am 
The following link is The NYS Committee On Open Government.  Here is what it says about Public Notice:
§104. Public notice. 1. Public notice of the time and place of a meeting scheduled at least one week prior thereto shall be given to the news media and shall be conspicuously posted in one or more designated public locations at least seventy-two hours before such meeting. 2. Public notice of the time and place of every other meeting shall be given, to the extent practicable, to the news media and shall be conspicuously posted in one or more designated public locations at a reasonable time prior thereto. 3. The public notice provided for by this section shall not be construed to require publication as a legal notice. 4. If videoconferencing is used to conduct a meeting, the public notice for the meeting shall inform the public that videoconferencing will be used, identify the locations for the meeting, and state that the public has the right to attend the meeting at any of the locations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the residents should have been notified about the meeting. Personally I can't think of a bigger waste of money than the "river walk", so I would have liked very much to be at that meeting. DJ

Anonymous said...

I think the "river walk" is a great idea! A-Bay needs a little sprucing up and what better way than a walk along the shores not only for us locals but for tourists to our area. rm