Sunday, November 15, 2009

Taser Training

I mentioned earlier that most states [including NY] require that police officers be tased before they can carry and use a taser.  So lets apply this rule to some other tools of the law enforcement profession.

Do Police Officers Have to first:
  • Get Drunk and be pulled over and given a breathalyzer test?
  • Drive over the speed limit and get caught in a radar trap?
  • Get a face full of pepper spray?
  • Be disorderly and then cuffed?
  • Receive a blow to the body with a night stick?
  • Do they have to be shot before carrying a side arm?

Just some thoughts for a sunny Sunday morning!

2 comments:

Sally-Sal said...

Where I live, they do have to get pepper sprayed, so they know the effects of it in case it ever happens.

jim cummings said...

Yah....I new that! The officers at the prison I work at have all experienced "tear gas" too. But my point was, do police have get shot in order to carry a side arm. Tasers can be just as deadly....