Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Police Tase Man In Wheel Chair With No Legs

Federal appeals court sets limits on police use of Tasers

A federal appeals court on Monday issued one of the most comprehensive rulings yet limiting police use of Tasers against low-level offenders who seem to pose little threat and may be mentally ill.
In a case out of San Diego County, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals criticized an officer who, without warning, shot an emotionally troubled man with a Taser when he was unarmed, yards away, and neither fleeing nor advancing on the officer.
Sold as a nonlethal alternative to guns, Tasers deliver an electrical jolt meant to subdue a subject. The stun guns have become a common and increasingly controversial tool used by law enforcement.......... 

Click the link at the top to read the rest of the story.  Thanks NorthCountryLiberal for sharing this story....

2 comments:

ConcernedCitizen said...

True story, J.C.

Once, when I was visiting my brother in a nursing home in Watertown, I refused to let an old man in a wheel chair escape through the security entrance and out into the street. He pinned me up against the wall and proceeded to beat the crap out of me. The guy weighed like 50 pounds and I did not know how to defend myself. And, it hurt.

I think everyone should have tasers. Except my wife, of course.

Sally-Sal said...

I freely admit, that I love to see the 'tards ride the lightning.

You pays your money, you takes your chances.