Saturday, January 10, 2009

Congressman Steve Israel

Gary Williams and I traveled to Watertown this afternoon to meet with Congressman Steve Israel.  Interesting person, well spoken, sharp dresser, and clean cut.  He was born and raised in Brooklyn and now lives on LongGGgg Island.  I know what Political IV would have to say about that........another Democrat that is a NYC  based politician that will divert upstate money to the Big Apple.  I am not blogging to say that Israel will or will not remember the North Country after his departure this evening.  I have no idea whether he will act on our best interests.  Either way it is simply out of our hands........this is entirely up to Gov. Paterson.

Israel seems down to earth and he drinks beer and looks as though he not only enjoyed the beer but our company.  What else can I say........until last night, when I started a frantic search on google......I had never ever heard of him.  Maybe he will become a friend to the North Country just like one of my college buddies who is from LongGGgg Island is still my friend today.



Video from today courtesy of Jefferson Democrat

More about Steve Israel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey JC,
I enjoy the blog and it's cool that you've included some stuff I've sent. As far as Mr. Israel goes, I admittedly don't know much about his politics. But he likes to drink beer? Hmmm, probably a decent guy. But I wonder how many Batman villians he can name?

Regards,
Mooda

jim cummings said...

.......everyone,
tarculeo is the old college buddy from LongGGgg Island I was referring to in the topic above. Good to hear from ya mooda!!