Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pushmi-Pullyu

Am I a defector or a supporter of the Democratic Party?  TF probably thinks I am out of my mind, a liberal fence rider and not to be trusted.  My bipartisan support must make some Republicans and Democrats furious. 
I have known Bobby for years.  He married my niece so that makes him family.  I went to their wedding and have attended many of the family functions.  They have been through several family tragedies that would have torn some families apart.  A cohesiveness remains within that family and Bobby always remains upbeat and positive. He has a knack for social networking which will work to his political advantage.

I just met Addie Russell the other night at our local Democratic Caucus.  I discovered some of her family history.  She is a local girl with ties to our river community.  Addie has a legal background with a strong working knowledge of politics on local, state, and federal levels.  We talked about the recurring issues that are on everyones minds.  Addie repsonded to my questions quickly and accurately.  At the end of our conversation, I felt that she had the same concerns and priorities that are shared by my family and friends.

To this date there has been some political posturing with a few press releases and public appearences by both candidates.  As far as I am concerned, neither one has said or done anything within the campaign to gain a lead in my book.  The race is on and it is neck and neck.
pg

No comments: