Thursday, September 11, 2008

Retort

The topic of the parking meters has drifted below newer topics.  My friend Curmudgeon made this retort to an anonymous said comment

Anonymous said...

"be nice to the tourists"
Alexandria Bay locals and owners are probably the most hostile people I've ever met in a tourist town. They wonder why all the people with lots of money avoid the town like a virus..
September 8, 2008 11:29 AM


Curmudgeon replied:
to anon...where and when exactly, do you observe all this hostility? I'm in the village 12 hours every day, and know most of the "locals and owners" and I gotta tell you, I don't see the hostility.
Can you give an example?
Who are the, people "with lots of money?" Where do they go? Do you mean celebrities or just run-of-the-mill rich folks?
Do you have something to say? Feel free to air you gripe.
I'm going to ask the blogmeister to start a new thread on this topic, see where you want to go with it. I want you to help the hostiles make our village, "The Aspen of the East."

cur
September 11, 2008 4:41 PM

No comments: